We believe access to a quality education, in a safe environment, is a basic human right and are committed to ensuring it is afforded to every child.
Our education projects help children living in poverty access school and expand their life opportunities. We achieve this through two initiatives: Built to Bloom and our Scholarship Program.
Built to Bloom
These projects involve constructing and improving education infrastructure and access to water, sanitation and hygiene schools to needy schools that are not receiving any other assistance. These schools may be structurally unsafe, over-crowded and turning children away, or in unbearable conditions. Sometimes, no physical school exists, so children have been having lessons under trees.
How does it happen?
- Working with the government & local leaders, we identify communities in rural Ethiopia with little or no access to a primary school & a strong commitment to education.
- We then support local people who oversee construction and management of the school.
- Together, we build or repair or expand primary schools & toilets. We complete each classroom with desks and books.
- The local government recruits qualified teachers and students are registered, many who have previously dropped-out.
- The school becomes a source of pride and acts as a catalyst for change throughout the entire community. Educated girls delay marriage and pregnancy. Children grow up empowered and inspire the next generation.