Last year we took our first group tour to Ethiopia and this year we are heading back…
We are excited to offer adventurous travellers a spectacularly unique opportunity to journey through Southern Ethiopia to meet the tribes of the Omo Valley!
Ethiopia is a country of dramatic landscapes, with the Great Rift Valley creating spectacular mountains, valleys and lakes throughout.
It offers unparalleled cultural immersion, with tribal customs and hospitable traditions largely remaining intact after hundreds of years. There is an abundance of ancient historical and religious treasures, many recognised as UNESCO World Heritage sites.
This is a country of unique depth and grandeur.
Yet it is also a country that requires ongoing, often critical, humanitarian assistance. This trip will provide you with the opportunity to be part of our projects that create sustainable change in Ethiopia.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Explore the famous medieval rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, regarded as an 8th Wonder of the World.
- Spend time in the lush Omo Valley, an incredibly diverse region home to many different ethnic groups, each with their own traditions and customs; from the Mursi, renowned for their lip-plates, the Karo, known for their patterned body painting, to the Hamer famous for their bull-jumping coming of age ceremony.
- Meander through some of the largest open-air markets in the Omo Valley, selling everything from food, silverware and animals.
- Meet with the Dorze tribe in their village, witnessing their famed bee hive shaped houses and traditional weaving skills. There will be the opportunity to be involved in a weaving workshop with the Dorze weavers.
- Venture on lake safaris to view hippos, flamingos and monkeys and water birds.
- Be part of a community project with the Create Impact team and support local enterprises throughout the trip.
23 Oct – 4 Nov 2020
13 Days / 12 Nights
TYPE OF TRAVELLER
Adventurers, Trailblazers, Change Makers
- The support of Huma Charity Challenge, a division of the World Expeditions Travel Group, that has over three decades of experience in offering high quality adventure travel experience.
- Travel with one of Create Impact’s Directors from Australia
- Expert guides from Ethiopia and the 24/7 assistance of our Ethiopia partners
- All domestic flights and airport transfers
- Private and air-conditioned vehicles throughout Ethiopia
- Accommodations at award-winning lodges and boutique hotels
- All activities, adventures and admissions as per itinerary
- All meals and beverages